In a prominent location at the entrance of the river village of Alem stands this well maintained monumental former ferry house with a thatched coach house, large terrace and a sunny lawn garden.
Long central hallway, dining room with fireplace and rear (living) room with raised part with beamed ceiling, kitchen and toilet group on the first floor.
Landing with two bedrooms with private fully equipped bathroom in the front house. Second landing and two bedrooms connected by a bathroom in the back house.
Hall, four bedrooms, 4th bathroom, toilet, linen room, storage room and wine cellars in the basement.
Three guest rooms with private bathroom in the former coach house.
Originally a Brabant village, Alem was only administratively annexed to the Bommelerwaard in 1958 and is now part of the municipality of Maasdriel. It is located 7 kilometers east of Zaltbommel and 15 kilometers north of 's-Hertogenbosch. The village lies on a kind of peninsula surrounded by the dead Maas arms. Therefore, there are many recreational opportunities, such as water sports, golf, cycling and hiking. Alem has an elementary school and a marina.
Gross capacity: 1829 m³ (incl. coach house)
Usable area living farmhouse: 454 sqm
(Including coach house of 71 sqm)
Land area: 1,020 m²
Year of construction: 1793