A unique and very spacious corner house in Nieuw Leyden.
Nieuw Leyden is a modern and sought-after residential area at the edge of the old city center of Leiden. A large part of the houses was architecturally-designed and commissioned by the residents themselves. As was this very spacious and characteristic villa. In this very child-friendly neighborhood, the residential streets are car-free, and are designed and managed by the residents themselves. There is a beautiful spacious playground, a nursery, and several parks. This house is located just 10 minutes’ walk from the city center of Leiden and Central Station. The house is also very conveniently located to reach various main (access) roads. You are on the A4 or A44 within 10 minutes by car.
A couple of unique features of this home are:
- A living area of no less than 319 m2 (excluding the garage).
- The object has two addresses (Joulestraat 4 as well as Ampèrestraat 37) and two entrances! It is therefore very suitable for double occupancy or as a home office.
- The first floor has an access to a courtyard, the second floor has an access to a spacious terrace, and the third floor has an access to a roof terrace with panoramic views.
- There are plans available for a possible indoor elevator.
Entrance (to the Joulestraat), spacious hall with a meter cupboard, both left and right of the central hall a spacious room, one which is currently used as an office and the other as a living room. This area is connected to the modern kitchen, which is equipped with all the usual appliances. Access to the courtyard from the kitchen through sliding doors.
The entrance to the Ampèrestraat leads to a spacious hall with toilet and a beautiful staircase. Next to the staircase is an area which could be used for the possible installation of an elevator.
The staircase leads to the second floor. Here is a very spacious and bright living room with sliding doors to the roof terrace. This room includes all the necessary preparations for the installation of a kitchen.
On the second floor you will find a landing with a separate toilet, a luxurious bathroom with bathtub, shower, sink, and toilet, two spacious bedrooms as well as the master bedroom with its own en-suite luxurious bathroom with bathtub, bidet, toilet, sink, and shower and a dressing area with wall closet.
And finally, the third floor! This consists of a landing, another luxurious bathroom with shower, sink, and toilet, and a beautiful very bright room with double opening doors to the roof. From here you have a beautiful view over the city.
- Entire house has double glazing and roof insulation
- (Floor) heating through district heating
- Exceptional for this area is that this house is also connected to gas
- There is piping in several rooms to connect a gas fireplace
- Preparatory wiring for solar panels
- The house has a garage which is accessible from the street and from the courtyard
- There are still some things that need to be finished. There are, for example, still some doors missing. There is also some backlogged maintenance work in terms of exterior painting, renewal of gutters, etc.
- An independent architectural report is available.
All in all, a very unique property, suitable for multiple purposes. Well worth your visit.