Turn Key flat with a surface of 138 m² (according to BAG) in centre Kralingen. The location is very popular with international students from Erasmus, Rotterdam Business School and Rotterdam School of Management.
The property has seven bedrooms, a living room and a dining area as well as two bathrooms and a spacious patio garden.
Room rental permit on the property, for up to seven residents.
- Rental legislation in Rotterdam has become stricter and rental permits are no longer issued. Partly because of this, this is a great opportunity to rent out 100% legally and make a high ROI. Properties with rental permits like this one will become more valuable.
- Therefore mortgage financing will not be a problem for real estate banks.
- Turn Key: the apt is fully furnished, upholstered and equipped (kitchen, dishwasher, washing machine, hoover, etc). Allows a higher rental price and minimizes moving-in, this is in everyone's interest.
- Landlord has deliberately chosen to rent to internationals. In contrast to NL tenants, rental yield is maximum and tenant inconvenience minimal. Also, infinite rent is prevented, so that the landlord remains in charge of his own house. Demand for this type of housing in Rotterdam is much greater than supply and will remain so for the foreseeable future. As a result, concluding one-year leases is in many respects very much in the landlord's interest. Inappropriate tenants can be said goodbye to, but pleasant tenants can be offered a new contract.
- This rental format is aimed at maximising rental income per square metre and is in the form of 'flat group rental': a group of fellow students (flatmates) rent the entire flat and thus NO rooms. All names are on the lease, everyone signs and everyone is jointly and severally liable. Works exceptionally well: since 1999, vacancy and loss of rent due to rent arrears has been less than 0.1%.
- The rental contract deliberately runs for 12 months from 1 August to 31 July and cannot be shortened. If an individual flatmate wishes to move during the contract period, the others have to take care of a replacement. (This is considered a favour rather than an obligation).
- Rent is on the basis of basic rent (incl. water & internet) but excluding gas & electricity. For this, the apartment group will conclude its own supply contract. M2 will take care of the rest.
- The seller offers the buyer the services of the current M2 StudentHousing.nl administrator free of charge. This until three months after purchase. This is to let the conversion run smoothly, to have no disruption in the renting process, to avoid nervousness among the tenants, and to allow the new landlord to settle into his role. This offer is a favour. Should not be, may be. Perhaps after this period, the purchaser would like to continue with this M2 manager. That's possible, but it's up to the buyer & M2 manager to come to that agreement.
- Communication with tenants takes place via one contact person, and the rent is paid monthly in its entirety from one bank account. There is room for an increase at the next rent change in August 2022.
- A one-year contract is a deliberate choice of the landlord and is an offer of strength, not weakness.
- Rental permits will not be issued in 2021/2022, and the expectation for after that is low. So this property is a unique & sound investment. Demand will continue to be high in the target group of internationals (students & young professionals).
- Highly sought after street for both rental and purchase. Beautiful central location with public rental in front of the door, Kralingse Bos and Uni on walking distance and 5 min cycling distance from city centre.
Current rent payments: € 4490 basic rent per month / € 53,880 basic rent per year.
Prognosis rent per August 2022: € 61.200,- per year.
An overview of the rental agreements and costs is available on request.