Room rental Apartment with an area of 94m² (according to BAG) located in Rotterdam Center. This location is very popular with students of Erasmus Uni College, Willem de Kooning Academy & Codarts and Rotterdam University.
The apartment has four bedrooms, a living room, balcony and a large storage room on the attic floor (can also serve as study space).
Room rental permit on the property, for up to four residents.
- Turn Key: the apartment is fully furnished, upholstered and equipped (kitchen, dishwasher, washing machine, vacuum cleaner, etc). Allows for a higher rental rate and minimizes moving-in issues, this is in everyone's best interest.
- Landlord has deliberately chosen to rent to internationals. Unlike Dutch tenants, rental yield is maximum and tenant inconvenience minimal. Also, infinite rental stay is prevented, so that the landlord remains in charge. Demand for this type of housing in Rotterdam is much greater than supply and will remain so for the foreseeable future. As a result, concluding one-year leases is in many points very much in the landlord's interest. Inappropriate tenants can be said goodbye to, but pleasant tenants can be offered a new contract.
- This rental format is aimed at maximizing rental income per m² and is in the form of 'flat group rental': a group of fellow students (flatmates) rent the entire apartment and therefore NO rooms. All names are on the lease, everyone signs and everyone is jointly and severally liable. Works exceptionally well: since 1999, vacancy and loss of rent due to rent arrears have been less than 0.1%.
- The lease runs very deliberately for twelve months from August 1 to July 31 and cannot be shortened. If an individual flatmate wishes to move out during the contract period, the others must provide succession. (This is considered a favor rather than an obligation)
- Rent is on the basis of basic rent (incl. water & internet) but excluding gas and electricity. For this, the apartment group will conclude its own supply contract. M2 manages this for them.
- The seller offers the buyer the services of the current M2 StudentHousing.nl administrator free of charge. This up to five months after purchase. This to make sure the conversion goes smoothly, there is no disruption in the lease, no nervousness among the tenants occurs and the new landlord can settle into his role. This offer is a favor. Should not be, may be. Maybe after this period the buyer wants to continue with this manager M2. That's possible, but it's up to the buyer and M2 manager to come to that agreement.
- Communication with tenants takes place via one contact person, and the rent is paid monthly in its entirety from one bank account. There is room for increase at next rent change in August 2022.
- A one-year contract is a deliberate choice of landlord and is an offer of strength, not weakness.
- Rental permits will not be issued again in 2021/2022, and the expectation for after that is low. So this property is a unique and sound investment. Demand will continue to be high in the target group internationals (students and young professionals).
- Highly sought after street for both rental and purchase. Beautiful central location with public rental in front of the door, view of the Rotterdam skyline and Maas river and five minutes cycling distance from city center.
Current rent payments: € 29.040 basic rent per year.
Prognosis rent by Aug 2022: € 31.200,- per year.
An overview of the lease agreements and costs are available on request.