A home on Javastraat! Javastraat 10 in Den Haag
Originally, this was a stately building for the Dutch gentry. Today, this luxury townhouse will be redeveloped into a luxury complex with three opulent apartments. This building on Javastraat seamlessly combines characteristic period details with an elegant and contemporary interior showcasing exquisite, premium finishes. The building will stay true to its original townhouse style, showcasing tall windows and even taller ceilings, while effortlessly combining this historic charm with modern sophistication.
A commanding composition, resulting in a unique, opulent standard of living. All on the fringes of The Hague's bustling inner city, a mere stone's throw from the leafy parks and woodlands in Scheveningen.
The Hague is a celebrated, welcoming city, vibrant and lively to the core. Javastraat is in immediate proximity to countless restaurants, offering a wide range of culinary traditions. The location edges on the city center, which means that The Hague's stunning avenues and streets with luxury boutiques, charming sidewalk cafes and commanding monuments are all within reach. The city exudes history and is home to countless museums, cultural venues and characteristic buildings. This mix of history and characteristic architecture also defines Javastraat itself. The capital of Zuid-Holland province, The Hague hosts year-round cultural and music events. Looking to spend the day outside of The Hague? This is the center of the Randstad metropolitan area! Characteristic Delft, international Rotterdam and charming, cultural Leiden are all just a short commute away by car or public transportation.
Javastraat is the perfect starting point from where to explore not just the hustle and bustle of the city, but also to seek out nature, tranquility and recreational options. Park Zorgvliet (also the location of iconic Catshuis) is a few minutes' cycling distance away, as is Scheveningse Bosjes for a leisurely stroll through the woods. And if you'd prefer to take in some fresh sea air - no problem. Just take the direct tram line to Scheveningen's coastline and enjoy a day at the beach! Historic charm meets contemporary luxury.
Apartment raised ground-floor level & basement, purchase sum € 1,395,000 closing costs payable by buyer.
Raised ground-floor level
The communal entrance with the stairwell leads to the front door of the apartment on the raised ground-floor level. The hall accesses the basement, meter cupboard, coat area and the luxury guest restroom. The living and dining area is a single, expansive space of over 87 sqm, which spans from the front of the building all the way to the rear. Without the interference of dividing walls or doors the tall windows allow daylight to flood in and illuminate this entire level. The living space, with the sitting and the dining areas, connects directly through to the kitchen. This spacious kitchen with luxury cabinets has French windows for abundant daylight entry. Tall, approximately 3.90-meter ceilings - characteristic for townhouses such as this - underscore the all-encompassing sense of space and freedom. Historic details and modern luxury meet in this property, resulting in unparalleled comfort. Steps from the main floor lead to the expansive garden, measuring an amazing 14 meters long and 8 meters wide. The property also includes two on-lot parking spaces which can be accessed from Burgemeester Marijnenlaan.
A unique feature of this basement is the abundance of natural daylight. Windows in the three individual bedrooms allow daylight to flood in. The bright, ca. 32 sqm main bedroom is particularly commanding - tall windows span the full height and width of. the space. The two remaining bedrooms are large enough to ensure optimum luxury living (27.5 sqm and 11.8 sqm respectively). The basement level also includes a second separate restroom and a well-presented bathroom with a large walk-in shower and vanity. The second luxury bathroom offers more than standard comfort. With a third toilet and a vanity, this space feels like a personal spa and can be configured to meet your own specific needs. For instance, it can easily accommodate a large bathtub and an extra-large walk-in shower. The basement also includes the laundry and utility room.
- Usable residential floor area approximately 198 sqm.
- Large, approximately 167 sqm garden with two on-lot parking spaces.
- Ceiling heights raised ground-floor level approximately 3.90 meters.
- Listed national heritage property (Rijksmonument).
- The apartment will see meticulous renovations largely throughout, respecting its original period details.
- Freehold property.
- Closing to take place with Project notary Buren NV in Den Haag.
- The apartment will undergo a technical inspection during and following completion of the renovation. These surveys are a component of the purchase agreement. The buyer is also expressly invited to enlist an independent organization to conduct a structural survey prior to purchase.
- The following clauses will be included in the purchase agreement: property age, materials, asbestos and non-owner-occupied clauses.
- Factory warranty on the kitchen, kitchen appliances and central heating unit.
- The apartment will be sold by means of a purchase/ contract agreement.
- Projected completion around Q3 2021.
- Technical inspection in accordance with NEN- 2767 standards.
- Safety inspection electrics in accordance with NEN- 1010 standards.
- Safety inspection gas system in accordance with NEN- 1078 standards.
- Certification for final inspection asbestos removal in accordance with NEN- 2990 standards.
- The interior suggestions on the artist impressions and floor plans are not included and architectural adjustments are required to make this layout possible.